I have moved all the Dungeons & Dragons posts from this blog, and given them a new home over at my RPDM blog. Roleplaying Dungeon Master (RPDM) is now my online avatar where all my D&D and tabletop RPG info and antics will be posted from now on.
Roleplaying Dungeon Master blog
RPG SceneShots Google+ Page
02 December 2013
We can navigate these difficulties of love — and enhance its joys — by grasping the significance of two great tragedies in the history of the emotions. The first is that we have lost knowledge of the different varieties of love that existed in the past, especially those familiar to the ancient Greeks, who knew love could be discovered not just with a sexual partner, but also in friendships, amongst strangers, and with themselves. The second tragedy is that over the last thousand years, these varieties have been incorporated into a mythical notion of romantic love, which compels us to believe that they can all be found in one person, a unique soulmate. We can escape the confines of this inheritance by looking for love outside the realm of romantic attachments, and cultivating its many forms.
01 December 2013
In 2008, after the birth of his first child, Baker and his wife decided to sell everything they owned, pay off their consumer debt, and spend a year traveling abroad as a family. They began sharing their journey in early 2009 on the blog Man vs. Debt, now 15000 subscribers strong. In sharing their ups and downs in the areas of personal finance, consumerism, clutter, travel, minimalism, and passionate entrepreneurship, they realized they aren't alone in a desire to explore and grow.
25 November 2013
It's Thanksgiving Week. What are you thankful for?
- That the lifeshock that happened a few weeks ago wasn't as terribly life-altering as it could have been.
- All the work I've been able to do this year, and for knowing people who trust me enough to send me work to do, and pay me for it.
- That my daughter and grandchildren are cared for, and in good health.
- All the intelligent & beautiful women on planet Earth. And for the Internet, the only place I get to see 'em.
- Spritzer cat, who allows me to exist only at the expense of her every beck & call.
- Food fairy.
- All my brothers- and sisters-in-arms deployed across the globe. Stay Alert, Stay Alive!
- That I had people and experiences teach me a great life is lived by following two simple precepts: unconditional love (giving and accepting), and no bullshit (giving nor accepting).
- A huge thanks to all the people who have taken bits of their precious time to visit me and my gaming adventures on my Gamer_Jim channel.